Thursday, October 28, 2010

The First One...

So, I currently live on a bus.  I have lived on a bus for the past 5 weeks.  There are a total of 12 ½ of us on the bus, the half being Annie, the adorable 17 month old baby.  Living on a bus can be fun, hilarious, and adventure and interesting, but in order to survive you must have rules-

1-      (This is the most important one) Do not go number two in the bathroom.

2-      The best way to open any door (bathroom, hallway, back lounge) is to knock twice then open with eyes cast downwards.  This allows you to not see anything when there is a shriek, which normally signifies someone is naked, and close the door safely.

3-      There is never enough room on a bus, never.  If you resign yourself to this now you will be much happier later.

4-      There is nothing wrong with bus water, I wouldn’t drink a cup of it, but I will brush my teeth with it (it help builds antibodies).

5-       Snuggies are not a joke, they are a lifesaver (ok- they also make good jokes).

6-      Air fresheners are both your friend and your savior (put near pillow to counteract the smell of the shoes that are more often than not lying directly facing your bunk).

7-       Put flare on your charger, 90% of the world have some form of a Mac,iPhone or iPod…and ALL their chargers  look alike (as I write this I currently have Jenny’s charger in my bag thinking it was my own).

8-      Threats of violence are great cleaning motivators, whether legitimate or in jest, (good to know when I have kids).

9-      Yes you CAN share a bunk with another person.

10-   You will make great friends extremely fast by living, essentially, in a hallway with them.  I imagine the probability of making great enemies is just as high.

No comments:

Post a Comment